Termites are not easy to detect, as they rarely like to live in the moist tunnels of their nests. Termite control in Melbourne should be carried out by a pest technician to be effective. This means taking a casual look around your house or garden will not guarantee your safety. Drywood and dampwood termites are usually only detectable by the damage they cause, which means it is already too late. Other termites establish nests in the soil before moving on to your property, meaning that even after they are eliminated in your house, they can keep coming back. If you keep on asking about How to get rid of termites, then this blog is for you. In this blog, we will discuss 10 Home DIY Tips To Get Rid Of Termites.
10 Home DIY Tips To Get Rid Of Termites From Home Are:
- Use Boric Acid- Before anything, you should make sure that you are looking for termites. Termites can get into the cracks that are as narrow as 1/64 of an inch. They are quite challenging to pin down as they are stuck to the timber material. For confirmation what you suppose to do is tap on the wood material if in case it sounds hollow then be sure you have a termite guide. When you are positive about the presence of termites, it is time to use boric acid, which is an effective agent to get rid of termites from your premises. What you are supposed to do is just sprinkle it near the doors, windows, or the points that you have doubt they can invade. You can easily get boric acid from the grocery shop or any other hardware shop.
- Nematodes- How to get rid of termites? Nematodes are an effective way to kill termites. This puts off a special kind of bacteria that damages the body of termites. All we need is to spray on the infected area and then wait. Rest will be done by this. When termites go back to their colonies then other termites will also be affected by this. This product surely gives beneficial results. But one thing is to keep in mind if you have pets then beware while using this product. This product is harmful to pets therefore, separate your pets so that you will keep them safe and get rid of termites as well.
- Vinegar And Lime- Vinegar helps to keep your furniture shiny and clean, on the other hand, it is useful as a great treatment for termites. For this method mix, the lime and vinegar then spray it on the corners of windows, doors, or infested areas or where you found termite swarms. Termites will die when in contact with the natural chemical in the mixture of these two products.
- Essential Oils- If you are struggling because of termite infestation at your property then use essential oils to rescue as it functions to kill termites and gives you peace of mind. Tea tree oil, orange oil, and some other essential oil work helpful to treat termites. You can apply the affected area by simply spraying it. It might be helpful. For better results use therapeutic grade oils only.
- Termiticides Is The Better Option- How to get rid of termites? Termiticides mean insecticides for killing termites. Termiticides work as a repellent to stop invading termites and other insects. Termiticides are the easiest way to kill termites. There are various types of termiticides available in the market that contains active ingredients that goes unexpected by termites. Taurus, Bifen, are some names that work exclusively. The removal of pests from your home is often necessary, but it can be inconvenient. This is what MAX Pest Control Service offers you. Spray any termiticides onto wood, building material, soil, or any other affected area that easily gathers structure. For safety use gloves and a mask as sometimes their smell affects your health.
- Exposure To Sunlight – Termites hate the heat. Moreover, they will not survive in heat conditions. That is why the natural resource that is sunlight is good for termite control. If you have any timber material affected by termite then all you need is to keep it in sunlight. Moreover, for a more effective result, you can combine any other DIY method with sunlight. This will help you to eradicate termites and make your home a better place to live for you and your loved ones.
- Keep Distance Between Soil And Wood- Termites can attack the foundation of your home by building their colonies below your premises. The best way to avoid this is to build your lawn or garden area at a distance. So that termites do not enter your home from outside. This is one of the best ways to get rid of termites.
- Cardboard Trap- Cardboard has a woody smell because of the presence of Cellulose. That is why termites get near a termite trap made using cardboard. You need a cardboard box and water to moisten it. First and foremost moist the box with water to make the smell more and place it near the affected area. Within a few hours, termites will come near it. Then take this cardboard to an open area and burn it.
- Use Aloe Vera Gel- How to get rid of termites? Termites can not cross a thick layer of Aloe Vera. Apply a thick layer of Aloe Vera from where they come out and once the thick layer is dry then apply more to create a barrier shield between them. By doing this termites will be stuck in place and they will die eventually. The most important benefit of this method is that it is safe for you and your loved ones. This is a 100% organic way to control termites.
- Apply Diatomaceous Earth- Diatomaceous Earth is an effective way to kill termites. Diatomaceous Earth kills termites by dehydrating them. It contains fossilized remains of aquatic organisms, called diatoms. All you need is a spray bottle, that’s it! Spray this powder crevices, holes, cracks, and other infested areas. When termites come in contact with this powder then they start dying. This is a very effective way to kill termites.
So, we think now you know How to get rid of termites. However, you need to be extra careful when trying these DIYs to get rid of termites. In any case of doubt, you should not use a chemical or a product without proper knowledge.