Often people are confused about whether they have termites infestation or ants. When they identify they ask “How do I treat termites?”. Termites are very small and similar in size to ants. But the damage caused by termites is huge in comparison to ants. The late phase of ants and termites also called swarmers, cause the most confusion especially if they appear at the same time. Depending on the area and favorable conditions, many types of pests can be found including Rodents, Ants, Cockroaches, Bed Bugs, Flies, Bees, and Wasps.
Termites are known as the most destructive pest in the world. Its presence can not be detected through the untrained eye. Hence, you can opt for professional inspectors to inspect the property to know that you have a termite infestation. There are more than 2300 known termite species in the world, and about 300 species can be found in Australia. If you want to save yourself from the enormous loss then you can contact termites inspectors who dealt with various termites in several ways!
But there are many things you can do to treat your house for termites. In this blog, we have focused on “How do I treat termites”. Thus, continue your reading if you are really interested in safeguarding your house against termites.
How Do I Treat My House For Termites
Well, controlling termites is essential at the initial stage so they will not create worse conditions. For this, you have to follow the proper process. In addition, it is also very necessary to know the reason for termites. Understanding their life cycle is also important. There are numerous ways to get rid of termites and protect your property from them. DIY and professional both ways work but their working capacity depends on the type of termite, the severity of the infestation, and last but not least size or area where termite treatment is required. The fastest, most effective, and most durable method to eradicate termites from your home is calling a team of professional Termites Inspection Melbourne. However, you can use the below-given methods if termites are in your house:
Methods That Help In Utmost Ways To Treat Your House For Termites In Australia Are:
- Essential Oils- Some essential oils such as neem, and orange are beneficial to stop termite infestation. These oils kill termites slowly and reduce their ability to lay eggs. As a result, they will not multiply. For this, you just need the essential oil of your choice, a spray bottle, dish wash, and water. In a spray bottle take 1 cup of water, 10 to 20 drops of essential oil, and a couple of drops of dish wash. Shake it well and spray this on the infected area. It is one of the most used methods when people ask “How do I treat termites”.
- Boric Acid- Research says boric acid helps to kill termites and gives you peace of mind. When termites come in contact with Boric acid then they start crawling due to dehydration. In addition, many termite insecticides that are available at the store have boric acid as the main part to remove termites. So, all you need is to spray or sprinkle it near the area of infestation of termites. Moreover, dust it near the walls, ceilings, cracks, and windows for effective results.
- Spot Treatment- Want to know more on “How do I treat termites”. Spot treatment is helpful when you find holes in your expensive paintings and furniture and without any doubt, this is because of dry wood termites. In that case, spot treatment saves you. In this treatment, all you need is a drill machine, termiticides, and wood patches in some cases. MAX Pest Control Service Professionals understand that the removal of pests is an inconvenient but periodically necessary service. The first and foremost thing is to drill holes into the affected region. Then the next step is filling, filling the holes using termiticides to kill termite colonies. In the last cover with putty or if needed then the wood patch. You can paint it so that it looks like new.
- Diatomaceous Earth- Just sprinkle this powder near attics, crevices, cracks, and where you found termites in your home. And the rest will be done by this. Due to this powder termites feel dehydrated and will die soon by crawling for a while.
- Termite Baits- It is always good that you want to know “How do I treat termites”. Termite Bait is the method used by professionals to get rid of termites. And this is a proven method. In this method, a termites inspector installs the baits around the area of your home’s foundation. Baits are poisonous in nature once termite comes in contact and eats it and then moves to their colonies then this poison spreads all over. Baits give you a longer and more effective solution for termites you can read all the Termite Safety Guides.
- Usage Of Chemicals- Various chemicals are available for killing termites. Chlorpyrifos, Lindane, and Imidacloprid are some names for these chemicals. Each of these rates provides different lengths of protection.
- Physical Termite Barriers- A physical termite barrier is installed during the construction of a new property or extension to a property to stop termites from entering your home via underground tunnels through the cracks in your slab that develop over time. Physical barriers might include adding a layer of sand or finely graded stone particles packed tightly beneath a house that can not penetrate you must know about Termites and termite areas, this will help you in identifying barriers.
We think you have now enough knowledge on “How do I treat termites”. However, if you think you need termite controlling professionals, then that is a safe choice. Some of the methods can be tricky, some can involve more chemicals, and some can be easy but you should choose the one which will solve your problem. Never go with cheap and easy methods blindly. For safety and good results, always ask termite control experts “How do I treat termites”. You can get an answer from them which will be for your problem, and hopefully, you can get rid of termites.